View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 03:13 PM   #81 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirnixalot View Post
While I can imagine that info is proprietary, would you be willing to say if i went with the 15" setup, stock height and 0* camber I "should" be able to achieve in the 1.6-1.8 range?

Alternatively I have found that the R33 GTR 17x9's fit over the rear brakes, with 28x10.5 slicks on the 17's and the above suspension changes could I get in that ball park?

(I got your S1.SE fuel system 2-3 weeks ago, getting ready to get all that in with the GTR twins ala Husam's kit, hoping for anything north of 580whp/480wtq in my climate on VP's X85)
I have updated my initial post to this thread:
DRAG WHEEL/Tire setups

I have not updated all my following posts, but I would ignore them. I tried to read all my old posts here and they were too embarrassing so I had to ignore them. This is a really old thread and we hadnt done much testing with different setups at the time.

You should have no trouble with 1.8s with the setup you listed. 1.6s? Maybe... if you are bias-ply its probably possible. But running at stock height will be the game changer.. lowering the car effects its ability to hook up much more than I ever realized previously. We have found a night and day difference.

Those GT-R turbos are going to spool hard and hit hard. Make sure to get a boost control system in place that can ramp the boost in. You can keep the instant spool sensation and let it hit a few psi right away but you dont want full boost until near redline. This boost control will help your project greatly in each department: traction, engine longevity, drivetrain component health.

Last edited by phunk; 11-28-2018 at 03:28 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote