View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 10:00 AM   #589 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecioVato View Post
DLSTR
If you get the opportunity to test drive it - I can’t wait to hear how it does compare to the Z as well as your impression of it compared to the Z.

I feel most of us will experience the ‘you can look but you can’t touch unless you are willing to buy it’. My experience at the local VW dealership when I wanted to check out a 2018 Golf R - was ‘well, we can’t let you test drive it unless we can agree on the numbers and financing’. Needless to say - that was a quick visit haha (the sales guy was willing to let me drive a GTI though )

Another dealership when I was curious as to the OTD price of the 2018 Civic Type-R was $12.5k above MSRP bc....’market adjustment was determined by them’. When I told them another dealer in Houston offered me OTD at a little over $40k - they came down on their price.....by then I was just soured on the whole experience and told them I would pass. Side note - I am curious and thinking about trading in my Z for a Civic Type-R - 4 seats and still maintaining a fun factor seems appealing to me.
I agree with the last few posts and DLSTR. Yes you must put us on if you gst dibs on a Supra.

On another note... The civic upcharge is laughable. I'd get a VW or Focus RS at that money. Honda done lost their mind. Especially since they deviated from the v-Tec.

I remember you couldn't test drive the FRS... You had to buy it. It took me a year and a used model to get a test drive. When I finally drove the FRS. It was hysterical to me that anyone would have been upcharge with that thing. The only advantage that car has is its not front heavy, so u can dive in a farmer at a higher rate of speed than a Z. But once out of the corner. Revving up to speed is a bytch. It CORNERING zaps the life out the engine if you're trying to compete. Now I'm not expecting that from the Supra. But a this gen Nismo and supra compare will be needed. I don't think the difference will be much except I believe the Supra won't be so front heavy. But I think responsiveness will be better in the Z.