View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 01:30 PM   #587 (permalink)
DLSTR
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21Supra 2.0/22 M240i
DLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecioVato View Post
Normally when an iconic vehicle comes back - there is a lot of fanfare and a lot of 'can't wait to see how it performs'; but it seems like the Supra is receiving the opposite. We as a group seem to go back and forth as to whether or not a new Nismo is worth the price and those go for around $45k - add another $15-18k and it seems like we are in the new Supra range with similar HP numbers as the Z. I don't know if that price difference will make it that much better than the Nissan performance numbers.

While I am curious about the Supra - I wonder how much the 'upcharge' will be once it starts to hit dealers. Add in the fact that it seems to be nothing more than a Toyota shell with a BMW chassis and engine - I don't know if I would be hyped to pay that much just to say I have a Supra. Just my .02.

The one thing that makes us go back and forth on the Z and pricing is that once you hit a certain mark - lets say the $45-50k range - it opens up a lot of options that are superior to the Z. When considering the Supra (if the $60k is what we can expect) - your options are even greater. Add in no manual option and the fact that we will be facing an upcharge on it and the cost of tuning - I think I would pass on it to see if it's still around after 4years. Just my .02. *shrugs*
I will look for the car here in as it arrives and hope for a test. I have connections in the business here in many marques. I will hope to see how it compares to my M2. You are correct on many levels about how this is potentially coming along.

I do feel when it hits the market and the street we will forget the long wait and grow very very curious and quickly and be happy overall. We do not need another SUV/box to read about or a truck lol
DLSTR is offline   Reply With Quote