Thread: Droid
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #77 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
Why is being a gsm phone such a plus? I understand the whole traveling bit. But when you go to another country you still have to buy a new sim card (pre-paid) and all your contacts are usually on your US sim-card.

I used to be the biggest fanatic of GSM, until I did the stupidity of getting a 2 year contract with T-mobile which is done this Monday, and not soon enough. I am most definitely switching over to versizon and CDMA. CDMA orks better than GSM but you loose the international ability... But for that just buy another phone just for traveling.
GSM isnt really superior at all. Its the old-school style, and not nearly as secure as CDMA.

Eventually, a unified standard will come out (I think thats HSPA?) and that should be going to ALL carriers...