View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 06:08 PM   #259 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
I believe it's just the opposite. The 9lb (2.75) pulley which is the jackshaft pulley on the serpentine side is smaller than the 8lb (3.12) pulley. If you look at the signature of "stillenz84", post at the top of the page, he's running a 9lb (which would be the jackshaft on the serpentine side), a 2.85 sc pulley and a 3.47 jackshaft (that would have to be the jackshaft on the supercharger side). That's how I read it anyway, I could be wrong.

Topgunz - air to air upgrade

Getting back to the 3.20. I called Stillen and they tried telling me it was a vortech pulley. You can tell by the design of it that it looks nothing like a vortech pulley. It looks more to me like a magnuson pulley.

After reading your post again, the jackshaft pulley I was talking about is the one on the sc side (opposite the serpentine side jackshaft pulley). That's the one I'm replacing with a high traction. My serpentine side doesn't have any belt slip.
When I measured my 9psi pulley I bought form ConceptZ, it came out to be 2.87" instead of 2.75"?
Where do you guys get this 2.75" 9psi pulley from that goes on the jackshaft serpentine side?

Also.

I see 928 offers the sur-grip for their pulleys but has anyone actually tried it for a DD?
I would assume it makes belt dust since it would eat up your belt making the belt's life span shorter in the long run no?
Yeah they claim to make your pulleys life last longer but probably at the cost of the belt I'd assume?
Or does it not make much of any dust over time?

Last edited by cupcakez; 11-09-2018 at 06:14 PM.
cupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote