View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 06:26 AM   #29 (permalink)
mults
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 (40th) #706
mults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanRich View Post

Additionally, the car feels down on power and pretty soft overall compared to initial impressions, still have a horribly laggy throttle at times. I also have issues with hot starts where the car will nearly die before finding the proper idle.

I just bought an ECUTEK cable to do a remote correction, so I'm hoping they can fix it. Still, its kind of disappointing to see Dynosty-tuned 370's with various combos of I/HFC/TP/CBE only dropping mid-high teens in the 300 horsepower range. Especially when other shops seem to get similarly modded cars into the 320-330 range (specialtyZ, SOHO, Z1).

Would any other Dynosty customers want to chime in? I can either do an e-tune from a recommended tuner or rent a dyno locally for Dynosty to correct. Same cost either way.
I had my 40th tuned last year from Dynosty and I am 100% satisfied that they got every bit of HP that they could from the mods that I have. The car is more fun to drive, has excellent throttle response and even raised the MPG a bit.

You mention that some other tuners may be squeezing more juice from their tunes, but we are not comparing apples to apples. Their dynos may be the difference in the results. It could just be the margin for errors that is the difference as well. No two dynos give the exact same results, so I will hazard to say that may be one of the biggest reason.

Now, if you were to get a car tuned at Dynosty and another one of the tuners mentioned and used the SAME dyno for BOTH tuners and the results were different, then you may be on to something.

All I know (for my situation), Dynosty got the most performance out of my Z that they could.
Build Date/Number: 1/27/2010 #706
Berk HFC + CBE, R2C CAI, Clear Bra, Cleveland Z Club
mults is offline   Reply With Quote