View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 03:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
chrisennis7
Base Member

Drives: 09 yellow touring
chrisennis7 is on a distinguished road

I currently have the dna motoring version of this exhaust and it did exactly what I wanted it to do. Woke up my Z and gave me a much better sound than the stock exhaust.

The sound started off really nice with hardly any drone. Now I’ve had it for several months and the sound has changed some. Inside the cab it drones very badly now and I hear all sorts of rattles from interior pieces. Under deceleration I get the hiss but also anything around 3k rpms makes this weird sound that’s hard to explain. It’s a hollow echo sound that I think sounds horrible but it’s only at 3k rpms almost exactly.

Fitment was as expected for an exhaust at this price. Everything lined up and bolted right into the stock locations but one exhaust tip sat about an inch and a half lower and about an inch back. The tips are adjustable so it was easy to even out the depth but I had to use a hose clamp to compress the rubber exhaust hanger to tuck it up evenly with the other side.

It’s not a bad exhaust for the money. If you’re on a budget like I was then you’ll be very happy with the sound change over stock. I’m currently saving up for a real quality exhaust but I’d definitely do it all over again.

Last edited by chrisennis7; 10-12-2018 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Spacing
chrisennis7 is offline   Reply With Quote