View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 01:48 AM   #283 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
Cons:
-Its a Kia. I'm not saying this to hate on this brand, but it's an expensive car for the Kia badge.
The same can be said for the Z "brand"...

Why pay $48k for the Nismo when you can get 95% of its performance with the Sport at $32k, or 90% of the Nismo's performance with the base Z at $26k?

At least when you step up in the Stinger levels, you have different engines, transmissions, choice of RWD or AWD and massive brakes. The Z on the other hand uses the same ole' engine and transmission in all trim levels, and upgrade to a useless VLSD.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Nissan or the Z. I love my Z and will continue to for quite a long time. I have no plans on getting rid of it.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I'm getting tired of seeing people say stuff like "oh, it's a Hyundai/Kia"... Who cares?! People are dwelling on crap that happened with these two companies over 20 years ago! Get over it already. It's not 1998 anymore and both Hyundai and Kia have come a long long way since then.

And no JLArson, I'm not directing that last bit towards you. It's just a general thought.