View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 03:43 PM   #575 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
Hence why I said it’s saving grace is factory fi. But, it will not be cheap to add 200 reliable hp to this bmw engine, this isn’t the ea855 evo 2 in the new rs3/tt rs. 100 to maybe 150 hp easily and safely will be the max.

Ps- fyi jb1/jb4’s are piggybacks that tap into ecu readings and manipulate data, they work well and generally safe if you’re not an idiot but not same as bench flash or custom dyno tuning. BMW ecus are notoriously hard to crack. Since this is a new car, I bet bmw upped their encryption game yet again.
Good points but.... How do we know that the ecu is coming from BMW though. Reports state they will be very different cars. Whose to say the only things in common will be the block and transmission? I say that because as much as I'm not a fan of Toyota products. They don't build ANYTHING unreliable. I would hope they would want to make a great tuner car.