View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 12:35 PM   #70 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractionless View Post
Did you happen to read the thread I linked of my issue? I’m not sure that it’s fuel starvation to begin with. That’s just what most members default to when the engine quits on the Z.

Car sputtered to a stop 1500’ after a 500’ right turn on the street which I took moderately at best and with 7 gal. in the tank. Suitcase in the back didn’t even shift. There’s more details in the actual thread.

I came proactively seeking starvation solutions one of which is the be all end all; however, IMO overkill for a street only setup and the other while no failures in the track cars it was meant for leaves ends untied for the street.
I did read your thread and I apologize if I was being harsh as I was not totally grasping your situation. I get it, you don't want to spend more money than you need to resolve your issue. From all the threads I have read on this issue regardless of track or street use only it seems there is a wide range between those that have issues and those that don't. I never experienced fuel starvation before hitting the track, even after boosting. Phunk kit was the first to successfully and reliably deal with the issue then came along the hydromats. For now these are the only two good options and one is more expensive than the others and deals with the issue you brought up and I got educated on and so you just got to decide which one is best for the money or live with the issue. Many street only folks have though it was worth buying the rrp system. I just decided to go a different route because of the build I have at the time I was looking to resolve my issue.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote