View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 09:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Depends on your clutch needs. If you know how to drive a MT properly and don't need to put a lot of stress on the clutch (i.e. drag strip launches), then the OEM clutch is plenty of clutch. I replaced the CSC at 50K miles and didn't bother with the clutch. Over 100K miles now and the OEM clutch is still in good shape. In fact, the next time I drop the transmission will be to replace the Z1 CSCEK with ZSpeed's CMAK - I will go ahead and replace the clutch at the same time for convenience.

This is a good example of why the change to the Exedy clutch means nothing. The clutch plate was never the issue.

If you know how to drive a manual properly then you should never have to replace a factory clutch, unless you’ve added power. I’ve driven manual transmissions my whole life and I’ve never burnt out a clutch.

That being said I’m probably going to burn out the clutch in the G but that’s cuz I didn’t buy enough clutch for the torque I ended up running.

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote