View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 02:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute

Wife wanted to test drive one of these, so we took a trip out to the dealership Saturday. Obviously opted for the GT trim. I have to say my initial impressions were very positive.

Pros:
-Car feels responsive, with boost coming on quickly. Acceleration definitely pushes you back in the seat.
-Layout of the cockpit is solid. Seats were broad and comfortable, without being outstanding, digital package was easy to navigate.
-Suspension in Sport mode was aggressive with very minimal body roll. Steering did not have the same overly light feel present in the Q50 and Q60.
-Brembo BBK definitely gave plenty of stopping power.
-Functional brake vents.

Cons:
-Its a Kia. I'm not saying this to hate on this brand, but it's an expensive car for the Kia badge.
-Car is very heavy! 5148 lbs, and you can definitely feel the weight of it dragging against your early acceleration.
-Not in love with the appearance of it. It's basically a sporty Optima - better stance and brake vents.

I think there will be a lot of drivers that really enjoy this car; my wife certainly did.