View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 09:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
Any idea of average life expectancy of the HFC options (Stillen, FI, Berk, ERZ)? Given the plethora of HFCs out there, there seem to be very few threads about them failing. I wonder if it's not really that common. Who would buy these things if they have a 6-12 month life expectancy?
Honestly, I think any fears of immediate failure are blown out of proportion. I've been heavy into car modding for a long time and have never heard of someone having an issue like this with any aftermarket HFC.

Obviously, at some point, the catalyst is going to degrade and the unit will eventually fail, but I'd expect it would be good for years.

If the government expects OEM emission components (including cats) to last a minimum of 80,000 miles I don't think you need to worry about your HFCs crapping out in 6-12 months. Failure shouldn't happen that quickly unless they are defective.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote