View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 07:29 AM   #57 (permalink)
Hi-Step'n370Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10ZR S/B AT Tour NV
Hi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
Electrically, no.

As far as I know (and I've been keeping up with ESCL posts), that is the only report and I'm inclined to believe that it was not related to the ESCL fuse. They may have knocked some wire(s) loose while pulling the fuse, but the fuse powers only the ESCL motor.

While a few people (myself included) have reported a slight delay on occasion when starting, there is no evidence to prove that it is related to pulling the fuse. Even if pulling the fuse is causing the delay, I consider it a non-issue - it happens infrequently and is only for a second or two.

No. The cut is in a different physical location, but electrically, it is the same.

Thanks for all the detail, SouthArk370Z.

My next step is to disable the lock and be done with it.

If the RevD - or any other replacement lock - was so great, why did Nissan discontinue the lock altogether in 2012? Because they couldn't get it manufactured correctly.

Even though I have the RevD, which is supposed to be "the fix", I don't trust it. There were obviously manufacturing problems that just couldn't be corrected, so they eliminated the lock altogether, which makes it wise, in my opinion, to not trust any of them any longer than you need to.

Cut the wire, pull the fuse, or buy and install the by-pass harness, but disable that lock.

Bye the way, I've been on this Forum since it's beginning and I don't understand how it took all these years for me to notice the lock problem. I'm just glad I did, and appreciate the Forum for providing it's usual great information. (and in this case, it's patients, while helping me navigate through an old and worn topic)

This Forum's been a great asset to the 370Z enthusiast. I'd like to give a shout-out to it's founder, AK370Z, for all his hard work and dedication in getting the Forum up and running back in "09.

On a lighter note; I also want to add that Michelin Super Sports do burn-out's way better than the Bridgestone's!

Thanks again to all!
Hi-Step'n370Z is offline   Reply With Quote