View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 09:14 PM   #56 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Step'n370Z View Post
...But I do have a question; is there a difference between cutting the brown wire, which essentially is what the by-pass cable does, and pulling the fuse?
Electrically, no.

Quote:
It said, in at least one reported case, that with pulling the fuse, the passenger air bag, and or, the child safety seat may not work properly.
As far as I know (and I've been keeping up with ESCL posts), that is the only report and I'm inclined to believe that it was not related to the ESCL fuse. They may have knocked some wire(s) loose while pulling the fuse, but the fuse powers only the ESCL motor.

Quote:
And also that there was a slight delay from when the start button was pushed, and the engine actually cranked over, but stated that it doesn't happen all the time, and the delay is short.
While a few people (myself included) have reported a slight delay on occasion when starting, there is no evidence to prove that it is related to pulling the fuse. Even if pulling the fuse is causing the delay, I consider it a non-issue - it happens infrequently and is only for a second or two.

Quote:
So, is there a difference in the circuit flow / operation between cutting the brown wire, and pulling the fuse?
No. The cut is in a different physical location, but electrically, it is the same.