View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 05:39 PM   #53 (permalink)
Hi-Step'n370Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10ZR S/B AT Tour NV
Hi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
No, a harness alone will not work. If the ESCLhas to be present or the car will not start. Read through some of the disabling-the-ESCL posts for more info.

If I were worried about theft coverage, I'd call my insurance company and see what they say about it.
Thank you for the clarification on the harness replacement. Now I know that no matter the fix that's chosen, the lock has to remain in-line.

Re: theft coverage; of course running it by the insurance company is the thing to do. I just added it to possibly help those who didn't think about it, and just did the disable procedure. If they did know that a claim may be denied because of the disable, but chose to do it anyway, then they knew the possible risk.

Have you seen the harness by-pass from Car Kit? It looks like the way to go. Simple to do, and simple to revert back should one want to someday. On their web page, they have a great video showing the whole, very simple, procedure. I'd be interested in hearing how you feel about the harness.

Here's the web address:
Steering Lock Harness - Car Kit Company[/B]]Steering Lock Harness - Car Kit Company
Hi-Step'n370Z is offline   Reply With Quote