Thread: Sad news
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #85 (permalink)
370Ztune
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z34 370Z
370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about everyone else, but I really enjoy philosophical conversations even if I am only listening.

During our visit to Japan, I was talking with this one gentleman who had something interesting to say.

He said that humans are naturally flawed by our ability "to want". He looked at it as "to want something is selfish. Selfishness has its different degrees but it is not always bad. Sometimes it is just natural. The ultimate ideal of selflessness is to remember to "Feed your brothers before you feed yourself" -Lao Tzu I believe".

The moment I heard that I could not help but think of the OP's experience. Whether or not this statement is true is up to all of you; but in my opinion the OP did a great job of feeding his family before feeding himself...true selflessness.

I cannot help but admire that quality in any decent human being; mad respect!

-Hunter
370Ztune is offline   Reply With Quote