View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 08:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
While I agree that in a typical setup for an FR car that is seeing track duty this would make the car snap oversteer, the problem is the OP is saying that his car is massively understeering now and after reviewing everything he has and the things he's not willing to change, he is really backing himself into a corner. So either he stiffens the rear via the sway bar, full stiff is probably too aggressive so maybe soften the front sway bar to the softest setting instead and leave the rear in the middle or wherever it's currently at. Or he has to play with camber and toe, my guess is that if I'm running a square setup with -3.25 front camber and -2.4 rear he's going to need more negative camber than me to get close to the same feeling i'm getting. That brings in a whole new problem with tire wear due to the camber.

Thanks for having my back Bob, you da man In all seriousnes everything i've learned about suspension has been from my driving coach, my friends who have been doing time attack for years, the racers who have come before me on this forum and the past 12 months of tracking that have allowed me to test and tune and see what really works and doesn't.

@igota21incher The ball's in your court dude, there are different schools of thought on how to tune the car to your liking but it really comes down to you. Caution should be exercised whatever the case may be.
LOL, your results says it all. Yep, one ride with Steve and I learned a ton. I won't get some more time with him at course like Streets or Buttonwillow. Something more technical than Auto Club. He was the one that told me to get rid of rear bar. I need him to drive it and give some additional advice on my suspension. It is a little more complicated having a big arse wing, spiltter and canards.

Let me know the next event you are going to attend after this month and maybe I can go play too.
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote