View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 08:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
cooltoy
Elite Member

Drives: 14 PW 370Z S/T MT
cooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond repute

Did you read these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt5897 View Post
What wire in the headliner? I took mine off and I didn't have any wires inside the headliner. What you will find is your side curtain airbag system. But if you need to take it off. Un hook your battery... Take all the trim pieces including a-pillars and rear covers in the trunk off. Also take your side molding trim around you windows off. Unscrew your visors and remove them. Once all that is gone you can begin to gently pry the headliner down. Be careful not to bend or break the headliner. To het it out of the car you will have to lean your passenger seat all the way down and angle the headliner to pull it out. Also don't forget to unplug your dome lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt5897 View Post
I am one of the only few people who have removed the headliner and its a two person job! I recommend you let a shop do it... plus if they fcuk it up its on them to get you a new one! Trust me our headliners can bend and there is a ton of interior parts you have to remove to get it out!!! and I mean a TON! its like a jigsaw puzzle! I had to take out all the trunk panels just to get a few pieces near the seats out to unsnap the headliner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontualZ View Post
The touring trim has a wire in the headliner for the xm antenna. Check out Schrute's journal, schrute's journal, he tackled it and you can see his solution. He says he took apart the rear interior panels and I'm guessing he just pulled the headliner down from the back gently to access the wire.
My Z rattles there as well and I'm going to be installing the rear fog light and harness from the z-store in a few weeks, so I'll have to take the interior panels in the hatch out and I'll attempt to get to the wires in the headliner.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

Member of kenchan's "photoshopped mods" and "proper offsets" gang.
cooltoy is offline   Reply With Quote