View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 06:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
bvl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB Roadster (sold)
bvl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
It _should_ be in the FSM. IIRC, it will be in a square/rectangle near the part in the diagrams. But I haven't looked at the FSM in a while, so I could be wrong.

Many PDF readers will search all the documents in a folder. Put all the FSM PDFs in a folder and have your reader search that folder for "spark plug +torque"
Yup, it is in the FSM with different US and non US schedules having different values which makes very little sense. Its the same engine.

US its 105K, rest of world 60K in the FSM I am looking at. Odd since the OCI for US is flipped, more aggressive then rest of world and the specs are different for same engine

I did it at 6x K and 7 years of use, they are not that expensive if you shop around (few online nissan shops sell the OEM plugs pretty reasonable). If you had a high mile/year car I'd have no issue running the plugs longer but leaving a plug in for 10+ years to me is low risk/reward situation to swap it out at say a 5y interval.

I would use OEM style plugs, not el cheapo iridiums. You can get the OEM plugs pretty reasonably if you shop around/mailorder. IIRC I found a CA Nissan dealer selling off stock when I got them, just waited a week for shipping.

The job took 2h or so going slowly, moving the coils and other parts takes up most of the labor time, including pulling the trim and STB: the plastic trim had not been removed probably in 7 years so bit of a pucker factor pulling on it quite hard to separate: didn't want it breaking.

- b
bvl is offline   Reply With Quote