View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 11:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

DIY: Nissan 370Z Oil change (AK370Z way) Pictures inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post

I used K&N (HP-1008) for the last two oil changes. This time, after looking at MODSHACK's oil cooler thread and Shrute's Journal, I have decided to give Purolator PureOne filter a try. I have heard nothing but good things about them and some of my friends approved PureOne more than the K&N. Also, as you know, the stock filter is really small. If you go to the Purolator website , they actually lists the smaller PL-14612 filter for Nissan 370Z, which is comparable to the stock size. But, many members here went with PL-14610 which is slightly bigger (Please see picture below for reference). This oil filter is a little cheaper than K&N ($6) and available at all automotive stores like Autozone/Pepboys etc.

Here are some pictures to share:

Here's the filter I went with. Notice, it's the PL14610 which is slightly bigger than the stock filter

Here's a comparison picture. I took this picture because, when I went to some of the other journals, this filter looked way bigger than OEM (at least twice the size) but in reality, it's not. That's why I put an iphone next to it so that you can get an actual size idea. This filter def looks like the right size for the car, not the dinky OEM filter .

I did use the PL4610. I don't think I felt any difference in screwing it in. The ONLY difference (from K&N) was thinner rubber cushion around the edge. I am at 600 miles on this filter. I will report back if I find anything.
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote