View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 08:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
CJBinder
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z PG M6
CJBinder has a reputation beyond reputeCJBinder has a reputation beyond reputeCJBinder has a reputation beyond reputeCJBinder has a reputation beyond reputeCJBinder has a reputation beyond reputeCJBinder has a reputation beyond reputeCJBinder has a reputation beyond reputeCJBinder has a reputation beyond reputeCJBinder has a reputation beyond reputeCJBinder has a reputation beyond reputeCJBinder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
You have 2 issues going on. You should try to keep them separate.

Running hard on a hot humid day. Your engine oil temps will go up.

The diff. The hottest temps I've seen so far is 255F without the diff cooler on. The noises. How loud is loud? Did the noises quite it down after the diff cooled off? My diff will make some noises and pops now and then making slow turn tight turns.

For the right fluid level with the Z1 cover. Use the bottom side port. Put fluid in until it starts running out.

What did the old gear lube look like when you changed it?
It was freaking clankidy clankidy clank all the one from exit pit to pit stop. Louder than it ever was before. With the original fluid I only drove it to work and back and then they dynoed. No major issues with original fluid. The initial loudness was weak compared to after the running on a hot day.