View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 10:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4247 View Post
Did you guys find a sweet spot for power in the timing curve?

Some guys tell me E85 likes the same timing as a gasoline tune, or maybe even a little less.

On my may methanol V8 race engines, there is always a minimum timing value were the engine would just max out on the dyno, and more timing just would not improve the power. I am curious if the VQ3.7 is the same way. Mine is currently going from 25 to 29 degrees in every gear.
That is beauty of e85 is is that you can pull more time and you are correct at some point it doesn't help anymore. The better the ethanol the more timing can be pulled to take advantage of the octane. I gained additional who because Seb was able to the control torque by taking out timing!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote