View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 07:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Koz1614
Base Member

Drives: 2017 370z Nismo
Koz1614 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxx View Post
I just went through the same process....I have 2 nismo ..2015 supercharged and a 2017 turbo charged ....on the supercharged I already have test pipes so when I added the short tails .....it was EXTREMLY loud and yes it rattled and buzzed everything ...2 day later I ordered a axle back with small mufflers ..still very loud but nice tone ......now on the turbo nismo ..no cats and short tails ...is a perfect sound ..aggressive sound normal driving and clean note in the whole rpm range. If you keep your cats and just add the short tails it should have a good note and not to overbearing loud. I’m actually considering removing the test pipes and adding cats back in on the supercharged car
So aside from buzzing/rattles, I really like the sound. Considering you've done some heavy mods to your vehicles I want to get your professional opinion. Alot of people say that removing the mufflers will create a loss of back pressure, hence loss of performance/low end torque. Im just curious if the ECU will compensate for the muffler delete? No plans for a tune probably until the warranty is up.

EDIT: Also I have the torque app with OBD II connector..not sure if you are familiar with that. What should I monitor after installing to make sure everything is running correctly?

Last edited by Koz1614; 05-21-2018 at 09:08 AM. Reason: adding info
Koz1614 is offline   Reply With Quote