View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 05:00 PM   #128 (permalink)
HapaZ
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370z Base Coupe
HapaZ will become famous soon enoughHapaZ will become famous soon enough

For those who are still experiencing creaking I found a solution a few months back. I didn't realize other people were having issues with the z1 arms creaking and thought I'd gotten a bad set of bushings or something but here's what was happening and how I fixed the problem.

Going over bumps created a TON of squeaking so I added energy suspension lube via the little ball valve on the bottom of the bushing housing. This didn't fix it so I added more, which also didn't fix it. On a third attempt I squeezed the pump handle as hard as I could to see if maybe the grease just needed to get into some crevice before it stopped squeaking. This actually made the problem worse so I pulled the whole arm off to inspect. I pulled the urethane bushing apart and noticed that after a certain amount of grease the bushing actually is pushed out of the housing slightly. Essentially I was displacing the bushings from sitting correctly. This caused the urethane contacting the chassis to exert pressure and squeak.

Solution for me...
Disassembled the bushings and actually removed the energy suspension lube with my fingers and a few rags. I left a very thin bead of lube surrounding all parts of the bushing and reinstalled. I also used a little lube on the part of the bushing that contacts the chassis. I noticed that the arms installed more easily than they came out because the bushings weren't being pushed out of their housings and the squeaking has completely stopped. Hope this helps someone!
HapaZ is offline   Reply With Quote