View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 09:51 AM   #145 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBacon View Post
Why is this even a metric? It has never made any sense to me why manufacturers advertise hilariously useless top speeds, especially with many cars having a speed limiter.
Because, my dear American friend, there are parts of the world outside your borders. Some of those will actually allow you to explore that number. :-p

Kidding. Not many. But it’s like the horsepower wars. Except nobody questions that higher HP is a good thing. Yet really, the two numbers typically mean the same thing give or take coefficients of drag. And since a 125 HP car has no problem breaking the speed limit, so by the same logic nobody really needs 600 HP. So why do they make ‘em??? Rhetorical question, so please don’t pile up on me for it.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote