View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 08:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
AstatenateZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z
AstatenateZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchammond View Post
I'd get car level & remove 5mm overfill plug while running (un-warm) and let it come up to temp....you could be low on fluid without realizing it.
A tad may initially drop out,,,but it shouldn't continue with an overflow drip until it gets closer to target temp.
Only issue I have with that, is I live on a hill (not level) so I'll either be driving to my friends house w/ garage or to his work (shop with lift) so it'll be up to temp when I do it. And with it being 80-90 degrees outside, my car will take hours to get back down to "cold" or anywhere close to 104 degrees. So I was thinking just add a tad bit more than what comes out (i.e if 3.7 quarts came out, I'll add 4)
Second go around I'd like to make sure its accurate but again, that'll be after it's been driven 5 miles or so to get new fluids cycled thru all 7 gears. So it'll be warm again once I do it the second time. Any other tips? or ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchammond View Post
I used a chemical sprayer w/tapered nozzle...(pump up style).
you may have to re-pump reservoir to completely empty it.
Ok cool . I found one at local Lowe's & Walmart ($10) , but not sure if it comes with tapered edge, did you buy that separately? Also what do you mean by "you may have to re pump res to completely empty it? The sprayer? Yes I will ensure it's free of ALL fluids cause I was an accurate amount put back in. So I will ensure all fluids are pumped from sprayer.
AstatenateZ is offline   Reply With Quote