Thread: 155 mph
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 10:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix023 View Post
To provide "other reason": Insurance. The capabilities of a vehicle play into how much it costs to insure. If that gets out of hand, the market dies (see Pontiac Fiero).

To provide an example: nearly to a vehicle, 18 wheeler tractors are speed limited. It isn't that a modern truck can't do over 100 pulling a trailer, it's that they're speed limited, sometimes to as low as 67. The reason is insurance. There is a trucking company that tried to buck the trend: Swift. And they were. Operating without governors, they could deliver faster than other truck lines. But within three years of operation, insurance costs forced them to install governors and now they go the same speed as the rest.
hmmmm guess i shouldn't tell my insurance that my speed limiter in the car is now set to 999......

324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony