View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 09:28 PM   #63 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Notes on the install.

The Z1 cover and diff cooler took about 2.5 liters of fluid. I had to go out and buy a new pump for the OS Giken fluid. That chit is thick. I broke my pump that screws onto the top of the container. So I bought a hand pump from the local Harbor Freight store for $7.00.

This is a bit of a concern for me. I have bought 3 liters of OS Giken fluid for my diff also. It is 80w250. The first fill on my diff I used Motul 75w90. The diff operated normally. The 2nd fluid I used was Motul 75w140. I can say this, my car is stubborn as heck in the morning backing out of my carport. It didn't do that with the 75w90 fluid. Normally you would run thicker fluid if your diff is getting real hot. With a diff cooler, do we even need to do that? The diff cooler should take care of the diff/diff fluid running hot. Hmm, what to do. I am thinking about going back to Amsoil Severe Gear 75w90 diff fluid with an LSD modifier. I have been real happy with that diff fluid.

Last edited by Spooler; 03-25-2018 at 09:35 PM.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote