Thread: Help Please!
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 01:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
Sounds exactly like a vacuum leak to me. Or maybe the connector to your valve timing got hit while installing pulley. Make sure your engine grounds that connect to the stillen brace are legit too.

You should be running pretty dang lean under wot without a tune from that pulley swap.
The closer I got to WOT, when the car was running semi-safely, the closer my AFRs got to normal. I was at 14ish under medium-heavy load, but I never did WOT. Sebastian sent me a tune rev based on the data that I gave him to try and compensate, but it didn't have any effect on the car...

The second thing I checked was those connectors and they are physically intact and seem fine. Data doesn't show any errors there. The engine is pulling timing and fuel a good bit a good bit. Fuel trims are ~ minus 20-30% and timing is retarded. Pulley install was pain-free and a simple pull of and replace. No banging around or anything like that.

All grounds are tight.
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote