View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 01:31 PM   #93 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetz View Post
I would take a stock engine at 750whp over built motor at 750whp any day of the week, especially if your not doing all the work yourself. Proper tuning and I personally think 750 on the stock engine is a better advantage for most people. The average person doesn't understand the theories of fasteners and engine building to get a built motor to last that long. From what i see in this community people are fed false information and they don't put the time or effort into the proper building principles. No shop wants to build a 1000whp car because they cant make money off the things needed for R&D ect. They would make no money. The Z community doesn't have the enough volume to waist there time for R&D. The gtr community is so far ahead because there are 1000's of 1000hp builds already so they know exactly what happens at that power and what needs to be obtained for reliability.
I don't know if there are thousands of 1k whp gtrs out there as much as those folks have the money to pay for r&d. You are dealing with a totally different demographic than the majority of Z owners! I love the gtr for what is but it's mostly a pecker swinging contest even with those that track their car. I have more positive interactions with Porsche owners than gtr owners.

Back on topic...so what is the next shiny thing you need?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote