View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 01:48 PM   #43 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Your fear is really getting the better of you here... We all started somewhere and at some point you just need to bite the bullet and start turning that first bolt to the left. Just be careful, mindful, take your time, seek plenty of advice from good sources (the more knowledgeable members on this forum are a treasure trove of information), and buy the proper tools as you need them. This type of work isn't rocket science and you aren't going to need to start taking welding classes or anything. If you want to learn how to do this stuff there really is only one way and I think you'll find its a lot easier than you think if you just take your time and think everything through. Mistakes will happen and you will learn how to avoid them in the future, and how to correct them when they inevitably happen.

When I started tearing my car down and installing my TT, I hadn't modified a car for almost 20 years and even then I was just a clueless teenager. Just go for it. Eventually you will get to the point where you stop worrying about how much tools cost, and start looking for reasons to get new ones lol.

OR - just decide to hire all your work out... there is nothing wrong with that either if you can afford it. I personally like to do everything I can myself because the build itself is what gets me the most excited.

For the RJM pedal - people rave about Ryans customer support. If you start to get confused I am pretty sure he will help you through it. Email him and ask about it up front if you are apprehensive.

For the Ecutek updates - I use my 5 year old windows laptop. You need two USB ports. Email or call Seb and he will help you, he is a very helpful guy! If you stick to the good vendors that have a track history of tech support you should have a fine experience!

For the code reader - if all you want is to read/clear codes, you can buy a cheap bluetooth one. I used one for a couple of years that was $12 on Amazon Prime and I only got rid of it to upgrade to a nicer one that was fast enough to handle realtime data display.

Do you have a buddy who has done any modifying? Even simple stuff like an intake or something... I think you just need someone to be there with you and help you through it to get you started with some confidence.

Edit: You should check if there are forum members in your area that are willing to lend you a hand... there was another thread around here not too long ago where someone was apprehensive about doing some work and someone invited them to come over and offered to help them through it. It gave me the warm fuzzies just reading about it. Car guys love to help car guys. If you were in my neighborhood I would absolutely offer to help you out.
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.

Last edited by Jayhovah; 02-21-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote