View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 10:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Buzzkill247
Base Member

Drives: 16 370z KAD GunM 7AT
Buzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopsZ View Post
I've seen that EL lighting a few times in pics and videos, but I would want the "wire" to be near unnoticeable when they're off. I wouldn't want that bright red stripe showing during the day.
Just a matter of tighter tucking to get the glow instead. One thing about EL wire though, it is very muted and best works in low light situations. The material is colored as an optical enhancement since it is such a low lumen output. However, a good tuck job should let a very minor amount of the edge still show, and get a good glow still.

With PC builds, I have worked with LED and EL configurations extensively. pretty easy to do, just take your time and a bit of common sense (maybe a bit of maths lol). Hit me up if you want to try it ChopZ
Buzzkill247 is offline   Reply With Quote