View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 05:32 AM   #505 (permalink)
MoulaZ
Base Member

Drives: '09 Z34 BP Turbo V2
MoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidus View Post
Good luck MoulaZ! That filter is gonna be a bitch. The thing about it that lets it fit even in our space is the 20 degree angle. It runs into things if it's not angled in the up position. I'm stoked to see what solution you come up with. It's been bothering me so much lately that I've considered the what if's of the HKS mushroom and even filter screens. I think the HKS would sit too close to the turbo and be subject to heat and the filter screen....well it's a screen. I tried a K&N compact 4" but the lower angle still stuck too far and was obstructed. The only other option I can see is fabbing some type of flat box element that would house a good flat filter shaped like a dryer vent.( that's because I don't see 4" aluminum piping fitting to the fenderwell or snaking to the front of the car.) Those were just some of my brainstorms. Keep us posted when you start the build thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Till I mount it up, it's still a massive mystery to me. I wish I had some photos of the Turbo mounted all up, without a filter, in the car, showing the whole space infront of the Turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhovah View Post
So where's the build thread already!
Haha, did one already many years back for the Z32. Had way more time, and no wife back then. Don't think I'll have time for a proper one again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YzGyz View Post
Ahh, so you want to be cool like me. I totally understand.

YzGyz
I just want that induction sound! If this means like you, then yes, yes I do.
MoulaZ is offline   Reply With Quote