View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 06:16 PM   #2266 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
No point in swapping the pulleys out until you get the super vortech upgrade as you want the ceramic bearings for the pulley upgrade. Are you going to get your car tuned by Seb, if so, call him and talk to him about your pulley upgrade. I have the 9 psi pulley installed with the Si sc and am seeing a little over 10 psi and 470 hp on 91 octane and 541 on e85. I have a 2.85 sc pulley ready to go on but Seb is a little hesitant to tune with it due to possible knock with the higher boost it will produce and running 91 octane.
Also, I highly recommend getting Tbatt's belt tensioner kit. I have no belt slippage at all. Seb was so impressed with it that he emailed me to find out where I got it, he wanted to order one for himself.
Emailed Seb. regarding a possible tune and about the pullley swap topic -- whether or not he thinks its worth it or not.

Doesnt the 928 place offer an option in which they send you the ceramic bearing parts / impeller and you can have a professional install it into the blower as well?

Or am I tripping and I am making up that option? lol

If so, I may ask them to send it for the cheaper price and then have a local shop install it who specializes in aftermarket parts as well (assuming they say they can do it after I call & ask)

I had the 2.85" pulley but returned it after research to find out the 3" would better suit my end goals.
cupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote