View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 06:08 AM   #6211 (permalink)
Spartan 1771
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Wife crazy & 09 370Z
Spartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Whit View Post
Yesterday I said:
"To work and back today was 75 miles down from the mountains of San Diego and return. 24.6 avg MPG at 36.4 avg MPH. ECU is getting the hang of it. I feel a heck of a lot of power at the top end that did not feel available before. It certainly roars......"

Day two: when I got to work and shut down, I averaged 42 MPH and 28.3 MPG. 35 miles with hills. Bending oil smell gone now. I had a white souped up Supra come up next to me and started throttle chopping his car to make it backfire. I assume it was because the exhaust looks nice, or sounds nice, or both.

I drive an AT in this car, and the manual downshift with the rev matching is so much more enjoyable now that the engine is sounding through those FI pipes. I keep thinking I am done talking about the install, then I find something else I like about it.

The other cool thing is I am really starting to respect that ECU we have. Every time I throw something at it, it answers the call.

I Love This Car.
Ever consider doing HFCs?

-DD Air Guide, Stillen G3 CAIs, 63mm Throttle Bodies, Motordyne M370, Berk HFCs, FI TDX CBE (non-res, CF), Sprint booster v3, Ecutek Dyno Tuned, and the list goes on...
Spartan 1771 is offline   Reply With Quote