View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 01:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
NissanTracker
Track Member

Drives: 07' Nismo, 14' Nismo
NissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond reputeNissanTracker has a reputation beyond repute

..A copy a paste from the my350z forums when I had the issue

If the sensor doesn't solve your problem (usually a bad sensor just hits the rail)... then plug in a gauge and check the pressure. The gallery gaskets underneath the timing covers could be toast.

I have an HR motor and I had a similar issue. The factory gallery gaskets on the 350zHR and 370z were paper. They eventually just separate. Luckily, there is an infinity part number (now available as a nissan part number) for metal ones. In the past, you had to replace the entire timing cover. Even though the stand alone gasket is cheap, The labor is expensive.

check my posts:

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...st-151k-3.html

https://my350z.com/forum/vq35hr/6102...-look-for.html

pics of my bad gaskets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmroy6 View Post
Hello All,

I've noticed my oil pressure is reading lower than normal at idle. i would normally see anything from 25-20psi at idle on my defi gauge. Now it reads 15psi and even dips down to 10psi. the Oem oil pressure light hasn't came on yet, and ive parked it till i can find the problem cause this isnt normal. Oil analysis came back perfectly fine, so im thinking oil galley gaskets. Has anyone seen oil galley gasket issues on later models? (post 2012) I'm open to suggestions before i decide to rip the the rear timing cover off.

Last edited by NissanTracker; 01-29-2018 at 01:19 PM.
NissanTracker is offline   Reply With Quote