View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 10:28 AM   #44 (permalink)
Esser
Base Member

Drives: 2004 350Z
Esser has a reputation beyond reputeEsser has a reputation beyond reputeEsser has a reputation beyond reputeEsser has a reputation beyond reputeEsser has a reputation beyond reputeEsser has a reputation beyond reputeEsser has a reputation beyond reputeEsser has a reputation beyond reputeEsser has a reputation beyond reputeEsser has a reputation beyond reputeEsser has a reputation beyond repute

It's getting close!

I started re-installing all of the factory panels and bumper, it took some time to get the body lines correct again. I decided early on that I would delete the factory hood latch, and went with an aero catch setup. The install is a bit of a pain, but I was able to do a clean setup.

Started by drilling a 1.5 inch hole and working off of that.

I chose the mounting location behind the headlight, it looks cleaner in this location IMO

Finished result:

Time to start the engine! I primed the oil system using a drill pump, and held it at 40 psi for a few minutes and made sure oil got into the valve covers.

My little drill pump jig works will, I put a clear section in to see the oil going through to make sure you're pumping. I will have to upload a video, but the engine fired right up on the first attempt! It's almost ready for the first drive, just have to do a quick alignment in the garage.