View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 11:02 AM   #105 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagmaZ0wner16 View Post
Really??? That's awesome!!! I've always wanted to learn how to do cool things like this but I'm always fearful that I'll mess things up horribly. From the looks & sounds of it, I'm 1000% positive that you're much more handy than I. Anyway, I'm over in Orlando so if you're ever looking to share some knowledge and/or experiment on a z then please let me know lol. I'd be willing to offer compensation. Cheers!
You gotta start somewhere and with things like this you will improve drastically with experience. Just take your time, watch a bunch of youtube videos, and ask a ton of questions about anything you don't fully understand.. There are forums for things like this like diymobileaudio.com where you can get great advice from people with loads of experience and even some pros.

As long as you do a good job of masking in your car (and put plastic sheeting everywhere so you don't end up with a resin mess in your interior) then you can't really ruin anything. At that point, all failing means is that your project is not coming out like you wanted and you are out some time and a few bucks (but will have got yourself a ton of experience).

In my 5 fiberglass projects, I have probably started over and thrown molds in the trash 5 or 6 times. Even now I am learning a ton with every project and can think of several things I would do differently with the one I just made if I did it all over again.

I think 90% of "being handy" boils down to two things:
1) Willing to try, fail, and retry.
2) Having patience and thinking about every step of the way (go into each step with a plan, finish each step thinking about how you might do it differently next time).

If you want to do it, then go for it! You really don't have much to lose,and the end result is very satisfying. The only tips you need to start are WEAR A RESPIRATOR and take your time.
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote