View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 10:52 AM   #16 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
ok got it. All I know is that when this comes on the car which previously idled at 500 now wont settle down past 1000. I had replaced the fuel cap before and that did the trick but this time no go. suggestions for a BT reader?

Also, any comment on the filters

Thank you all
Interesting! I would not think there would be any kind of link between a P0300 and your idle speed... but who knows (probably Nissan).

As far as the fuel cap replacement goes... I wouldn't think the two would be related (but again, who knows...) ... which makes me think the code may have been completely different the previous times. Or also possible is the light went off coincidentally with the gas cap replacement. Since the code wasn't pulled those times there really is no way to know... I would probably just forget that earlier "data" because there was a lot of guesswork involved.

Have you pulled or cleaned the throttle bodies recently or anything like that? If so did you forget to perform the throttle body reset procedure?

You may want to perform that procedure and the idle air relearn procedure just to see if it corrects your idle.

Also, did you clear the P0300? Maybe the idle will normalize after the code is cleared? Just throwing out ideas now.

For the OBDII reader, I have used this one in the past and it worked perfectly for reading/clearing codes (way too slow for real time data though):
https://www.amazon.com/Veepeak-Bluet...bdii+bluetooth

I don't believe it is iPhone compatible though..so if you are an apple guy you may have to track something else down. Worked great with my android phones.

As far as the filters go - K&N Website cautions against over-cleaning/oiling and shows a picture of what they should look like (absolutely FILTHY) before they need to be cleaned. At 50k, I would think you should definitely check them!!! Pulling the bumper is no big deal... I have done it enough times that I can do it in about 5 minutes not without even lifting the front of the car.

I would hold off on doing any kinds of upgrades until you have a handle on what (if any) problems your car is having.
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.

Last edited by Jayhovah; 01-15-2018 at 10:56 AM.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote