View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 03:04 PM   #64 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRizz View Post
At a glance, I'd say I like your idea of using some type of foam or weatherstripping between the box, and plastic trim pieces. Not to hold the sub, but to prevent vibrations between the box and these hard surfaces. As far as mounting, would it be possible to place an L bracket or something similar under the strut bar and into the enclosure? at least there it would not be visible, and if you ever take the box out to "gasp" sell the car, you wouldn't see the screw holes.... of course, I would use a nut and a large fender washer inside the enclosure. I'm thinking a right angle bit to run a self tapper up into bottom of strut bar.
That's a pretty good idea... Maybe with a wingnut so that removal does not require tools in the event I need to get to the spare. I will have to think about how I might best secure it.

No worries about ever selling the car... I've got way too much money/blood/sweat/tears into it to ever let it go.
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote