View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 09:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Finished cleaning up my mess from the day and decided to mark up the mold for trimming so another small update before tomorrow...

Quick test fit and I realized I've already made a mistake... I made the mold with the top trunk mat out thinking with the weight of the sub should squash down into place when it's reinstalled and the box was finished... this was not entirely true and there is a little bit of a gap around the box towards the inside of the car (on the outside the contours of the panel hold it down in place). I think this will be OK though, as I plan to add some foam on the outside to decouple the box from the interior panels.. hopefully it will keep it fitting tight. In the worst case Ill have my trunk mat modified to remove the area under the box (and put a cut in the under-mat there)... that would suck, but it also carries the benefit of being able to access the spare without removing the sub (which would also allow me to screw the box in place). Not a huge deal and somewhat of a tradeoff.

I want to use a flat plywood piece for the baffle so I used a laser level here to mark the horizontal trim line... this way it all stays on plane.

Marked the vertical cut as long as I had the laser out...

Ready for trimming!
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote