View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 09:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
Complication 4: The 2012+ 370zs have a factory oil cooler that's not terribly effective.
Nice notes! Just one comment here... the popular opinion on the board is that the OEM cooler doesn't do much.... I have found this to be far from the truth. I removed mine for most of the year and ended up reinstalling in not too long ago.

Without - cruising at 95mph in about 90 degree heat my oil temp would stabilize around 260. After putting it back on, similar conditions, about 225. I think the effects of it are less pronounced since it regulates the temperature against the coolant temp which can easily reach 200+ degrees during normal usage... whereas an air cooler will easily get oil temps down to 180's or even lower.

Please take the numbers with a grain of salt, as my car is pretty far from stock. But the 35 degree difference does show that the OEM cooler does make some impact.
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote