View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 08:38 AM   #39 (permalink)
Tractionless
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 K23 ST 7AT
Tractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zforz83 View Post
I know this thread is really old but I'm hoping to get some help with this issue. My '09 base 6MT has recently developed an issue like this where it will say that I've got about a 1/2 a tank but I will be out of gas on the side of the road. It's happened twice: first due to the problem just popping up out of nowhere and second due to not resetting my odometer/mileage counter after filling up. I'm thinking like everybody else said that the sending unit or the sensor to read the fuel tank is bad/broken. Any tips/suggestions so I don't have to pay the dealership +$500?
'10 AT here ran out of gas at 1/4 tank (dots) and 100 miles to empty went to 0 in 2 miles. Everything was squeaky clean when I replaced the fuel pump as a result. I now fuel up at 1 dot prior to 1/4 and definitely before 100 miles to empty and it usually takes 2-3 gallons.