View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 10:15 AM   #19 (permalink)
cheshirecat
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N54 135i
cheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertex View Post
Hey guys, quick update...

The first dealer that I went to, where I test drove the car, contacted me and they have one coming in exactly as I want but the guy is selling it to me $1,300 over invoice. I sent him back an email offering him $500 over invoice and he said no.

Also, quick question. I'm going to be trading in my Nissan Pathfinder which the lease is up in July, I was hoping that Nissan had some type of "customer loyalty" program of sort so that the remaining payments of my lease could be "forgiven", but the salesman told me no and that the remaining payments would be rolled into the price of the Z. Do you guys know if usually when you trade your lease for another car of the same company they do anything like that?

One last thing, both dealers that i've gotten prices from have come in at about $1k+ over invoice. I wonder if the market that i'm in, South Florida, might be working against me in a way and preventing me from getting the $500 over invoice or invoice as some of you have gotten. I'm starting to wonder if $1,300 over invoice it's "fair" in my market, I would hate for the car to just pass my by while i'm here fighting for something that no dealer will abide by. Suggestions?
It's all up to you. If you're willing to pay the difference to get the car now versus later, do it.

However, it's my opinion, even here in South Florida, that the dealer will eventually match your price. Just be polite and tell them that you are ready to buy, but at your price. Once they're willing to meet you on it, you'll come in and sign the paperwork. If you don't hear back from them, contact them every other week and remind them about your offer.

Eventually they will bring you in to move the vehicle.

Again, it's all about how long you want to wait to get the price you want. The market isn't going to get any better (most likely worse) over the next year and that's going to work in your favor.

The 370 isn't flying off the lot, no matter where you're at. I've seen a total of two on the road in S. FL since they've been released.
cheshirecat is offline   Reply With Quote