View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 12:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
jchammond
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13’ 370Z TS 7A/T
jchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by zashburn View Post
Debating going with a lower final drive gear when my diff comes out next week... Decided that if i can get one in time I’ll go for it. As stated I’m looking for a 3.3 final drive which comes out of the automatic transmission models if I’m not mistaken.

Willing to pay or trade for my manual transmition 3.69. Looking to pull out the diff in the next week or two so this would NEED to be ready to ship. Thanks!

UPDATE: Was informed that the two may be different sizes and may not be interchangeable. Any information on this would be appreciated.
If your factory stub shafts are threaded; then they're just like the 7A/T & a direct swap.
You will want to ensure the 3.357 geared diff has some type of locker,,,as on the base-they were open.
I added a Quaife helical locker to mine; but no plans to part with it...I picked up a VLSD 3.69 from a 13' Nismo & went right in....@70mph about 200-250rpm difference in cruising speed & speedo work's correctly,as the speed sensor's read output speed from the toner rings on stub shaft's.

http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...s-musings.html
jchammond is offline   Reply With Quote