View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 08:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Notice how many other big automakers build heavy transports? So it must be a good fit, right?

Musk does not live in the real world. Real commercial trucks have to. Fine to use them for the "last mile" industry, but take one of those across the Rockies and ... oh, wait, it won't make the grades, so forget it. Haul freight across the midwest with it, except that transports only make money when they are rolling, and this one is going to be doing a lot of stopping.

I just don't see a path to profitability for the business. So far, he's proven me right. But he has managed to convince governments and investors otherwise. History will either record him as one of the greatest innovators of the early 21st century, or one of its best con artists. For me, the jury is still out.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote