View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 08:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senna-F1
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370SC,EliseSC,MR2T
Senna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbimbop View Post
hmmmmm i am trying a 5w40 with my car tuners recommendation...originally my temp was getting to 220 just a trip to a gas station with no boost...we are going to see if this helps the temp come down
Which one though? There's more to oil than what temp your gauge ends up showing, or what numbers the bottle shows. I wasn't going to say anything because there are entire websites/forums dedicated to oil, ( http://bobistheoilguy.com ) but the fact that your tuner simply suggested a different weight, and not an actual product, means he doesn't really have any idea what to tell you. Other than, "you'll run hotter, buy bigger numbers". Im not FI yet, but I run Mobile 1 0W-40. You will find that this oil is loved by many folks for scientifically tested reason. I'd say do lots of research, or get advice from someone who actually knows what they are talking about, which is what you are doing here. "Trying 5w40" doesn't sounds like the best approach though.
Senna-F1 is offline   Reply With Quote