View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 06:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaysEffect View Post
5 degrees. I don't think i have any fair bases of suggestions for your situation though, you are well beyond the level of modifications to start making large dynamic changes again. Unless you like doing that...

My point was simply adding both camber and caster is not necessary for this chassis or the scenario of changing the SAI. It doesn't suffer from suspension limitations like some other cars with inferior suspension setups.

8 degrees of caster is up there with rally cars, and RX cars use low levels of camber for better steering linearity and tracking through loose gravel. Something that is not a issue for cars on tarmac.

It also comes down to how anyone adjusts driving techniques for the setup implemented. Caster levels and rake significantly changes steering feel. If you're making modifications to the suspension to alter this, then changing geometry again will just slow you down and cause confusion. If you're not wearing your tires out incorrectly then there really isn't really a reason to flip the script.
Agreed, I am not looking to change much as my tire ware has been good. I'm looking for that balance of grip and handling. Which is a never ending chase lol!
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote