View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 12:00 PM   #505 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
Rain guards are just a panel that attaches from underneath the hood to block the vents. Like sticking a drain plug in your sink so u can fill it up to wash the dishes, or wash a pet or whatever.

Some hoods (that are $$$) have molded channeling to divert water to safe areas.

I THINK Varis hoods do , but don't quote me on that.
Thanks for the explanation!

The bolded is what I would be after as my car is a fairweather DD (doesn't usually see rain...but #Florida so it happens)

The way you are describing it, though... the channels sound like something I could fab on my own with a little fiberglass as an add-on to the underside. I wonder if anyone has one of the said $$$ hoods that I could take a look at locally...
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioYJ View Post
Anything that diverts water will also divert air. I'd be worried about this defeating the purpose of having the vents in the first place if you start blocking things too much.

You guys do realize things in the engine bay can get wet right? Some dielectric grease on electrical connectors will help prevent problems down the road, but most of the connectors are already water resistant.

If you're worried about looks, some they do make high temp clear coat to keep the aluminum from corroding?
Not really worried about moisture, I just like the idea of not immediately having a filthy engine compartment every time I get caught in the rain.... point taken about defeating the purpose though. It will take some thought.
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.

Last edited by Jayhovah; 11-09-2017 at 12:02 PM.